- Value  Freedom
- Value  Prosperity
- Value  Choice
- Value  Competitive Markets
- Value  Personal Responsibility
- Value  Measurement
- Measurement is the foundation for all our work. Careful, accurate, rigorous measurement. "If it matters, measure it" is a
slogan you will see around our office. Things that are measured can be talked about. Things that are talked about in the public
arena eventually become part of the climate of opinion. That is how measurement can change the climate of opinion.
- Value  Research
- A rigorous research methodology that lays out clearly how we arrive at specific conclusions.
- Value  Transparency
- The Fraser Institute promotes transparency in research - in other words, our methodology is open and clearly explained, and
others can replicate our conclusions. In addition, the source of our data is always provided.
- Value  Independence
- Sometimes our research recommends public policy solutions that some people feel are controversial. We are a completely independent
research organization that develops independent conclusions and recommendations. Beholden to no one, our conclusions and recommendations
may be different from reports produced by organizations who receive government funding. We also do not accept any contracts
for research... All research is subject to rigorous review by external experts, and is conducted and published separately
from the Institute's Board of Trustees and its donors.
- Value  Knowledge
- We work to ensure that people become more knowledgeable about the outcomes of various public policies and can then make more
- Value  Informed Decision Making
- Value  Opinions
- The opinions expressed by staff or author(s) are those of the individuals themselves, and should not be interpreted to reflect
those of the Institute, its Board of Trustees, or its donors and supporters.
- Value  Public Discussion
- As a healthy part of public discussion among fellow citizens who desire to improve the lives of people through better public
policy, the Institute welcomes evidence-focused scrutiny of the research we publish, including verification of data sources,
replication of analytical methods, and intelligent debate about the practical effects of policy recommendations.
- Value  Evidence-Focused Scrutiny
- Value  Intelligent Debate