Theoretical Background & Mission Statement
Name:The Taos Institute
The Taos Institute is a nonprofit educational organization dedicated to the development of social constructionist theory and
practices for purposes of world benefit. With over two hundred Associates around the world, we achieve our educational ends
through conferences, workshops, publications, a Ph.D. program, distance learning programs, newsletters, learning networks,
and web-based offerings. We also engage in collaborative partnerships with other national and international organizations.
- Taos Institute Officers
- Kenneth Gergen: President
- Sheila McNamee: Vice President
- Mary Gergen: Treasurer and Secretary
- Taos Institute Board of Directors
- Harlene Anderson, Ph.D.
- Bob Cottor, M.D.
- Kenneth J. Gergen, Ph.D.
- Mary M. Gergen, Ph.D.
- Sheila McNamee, Ph.D.
- Sally St. George, Ph.D.
- Dan Wulff, Ph.D.
- Taos Institute Honorary Board Members
- David L. Cooperrider, Ph.D.: Founder and Honorary Board Member
- Jane Watkins: Honorary Board Member
- Diana Whitney, Ph.D.: Founder and Honorary Board Member Emerita
- Dawn Cooperrider Dole, MSOD, M.Ed.: Executive Director