Systems of Engagement and The Future of Enterprise IT: A Sea Change in Enterprise IT
Source: http://www.aiim.org/~/media/Files/AIIM White Papers/Systems-of-Engagement.ashx
[W]e outline a series of what we believe are “no regrets” moves that will allow CIOs to introduce systems of engagement into
their enterprises in a relatively ordered and controlled way. We are going to present these moves in two sets, the first optimized
for B2B enterprises looking to enhance productivity across a highly distributed supply and delivery chain, the second for
B2C enterprises needing to engage more effectively with their next-generation digitally enabled consumers.
Name:AIIM Systems of Engagement Task Force
- Geoffrey Moore: Author, Managing Director, TCG Advisors -- Geoffrey Moore is a best selling author and a managing director at TCG Advisors.
His most recent book is Dealing with Darwin: How Great Companies Innovate at Every Phase of Their Evolution published in January
of 2006. For more information on Dealing with Darwin, please go to the website: www.dealingwithdarwin.com. Geoffrey has made
the understanding and exploitation of disruptive technologies the core of his life’s work. His other books, Crossing the Chasm,
Inside the Tornado, The Gorilla Game and Living on the Fault Line are best sellers and required reading at leading business
schools. Geoffrey divides his time between consulting on strategy and transformation challenges with senior executives and
developing mental models to support this practice. He is currently at work on a new book focusing on the role of business
models in the strategy mix. Prior to founding the Chasm Group in 1992, Geoffrey was a partner and principal at Regis McKenna
Inc., and a sales and marketing executive at three software companies: Rand Information Systems, Enhansys, and Mitem. He graduated
in American literature with honors from Stanford University and has a doctorate from the University of Washington in English
- AIIM: AIIM (http://www.aiim.org) is the community that provides education, research, and best practices to help organizations find,
control, and optimize their information. For over 60 years, AIIM has been the leading non-profit organization focused on helping
users to understand the challenges associated with managing documents, content, records, and business processes. The AIIM
community includes over 65,000 users and professionals. Contact: John Mancini at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- TCG Advisors: TCG Advisors (http://www.tcg-advisors.com) is a consulting firm specializing in a set of challenges common to technology companies
and technology-related sectors, where rapid changes in market dynamics force frequent adjustments in corporate strategy. The
recurrent demon here is inertia on the old vector, the recurrent frustration inability to get traction on the new one. Its
practice is devoted to meeting this challenge.
- Alfresco Software: Task Force Member -- Alfresco Software (http://www.alfresco.com) is the open platform for social content management. The platform
combines the innovation of open source with the stability of a true enterprise-class platform, at a tenth of the cost of legacy
ECM solutions. The Alfresco content platform uses a flexible architecture to provide document management, web content management,
records management and social collaboration to customers and partners in 40 countries. Headquartered in London, Alfresco was
founded in 2005 by a team of content management veterans including the co-founder of Documentum, John Newton, and former COO
of Business Objects, John Powell. Media contact: Susan McCarron 1-781-782-5767 Susan_mccarron@lpp.com
- Eastman Kodak Company: Task Force Member -- Kodak’s Document Imaging business is an industry leader and digital innovator committed to helping businesses
and organizations capture, manage, archive, and deliver critical information. Kodak takes a holistic approach to making information
instantly meaningful by providing a full complement of scanner hardware, capture software, application-specific solutions
and services. Kodak products are supported by Kodak-delivered service and support. More information about Kodak document imaging
scanners, capture software and services is available at www.kodak.com/go/docimaging. Media contact: Jack Kasperski, 1-585-724-5130,
- EMC Corporation: Task Force Member -- EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) is the world’s leading developer and provider of information infrastructure
technology and solutions that enable organizations of all sizes to transform the way they compete and create value from their
information. Information about EMC’s products and services can be found at www.EMC.com. Media contact: Liza S. Goldberg, 1-925-600-
- Hyland Software: Task Force Member -- Founded in 1991, Hyland Software is the world’s second largest independent enterprise content management
(ECM) software vendor. Today, people at more than 9,400 organizations in 67 countries have the time to do the things that
really add value thanks to OnBase, Hyland’s flagship ECM suite. Available on-premises or on-demand (known as hosted, in the
cloud or SaaS), OnBase installs quickly, cost effectively and is designed to grow with organizations. Learn more at http://www.hyland.com.
Media contact: Vikki Meldrum, 1-440-788- 6851, email@example.com.
- IBM: Task Force Member -- Enterprise content management solutions from IBM help companies make better decisions, faster by managing
unstructured content, optimizing business processes and helping to satisfy complex compliance requirements. To help you work
smarter with more flexibility, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of leading solutions and services, including industry solutions
from IBM Business Partners. Our deep ECM capabilities can support your company’s information agenda, allowing you to use information
as a strategic asset through better business and IT alignment. IBM has provided ECM solutions to more than 13,000 companies,
organizations and governments around the world, helping them remain competitive through new intelligent innovation. Media
contact: Steve Milmore, 1-978-399-7347, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Iron Mountain Incorporated: Task Force Member -- Iron Mountain Incorporated (NYSE: IRM) provides information management services that help organizations
lower the costs, risks and inefficiencies of managing their physical and digital data. The company’s solutions enable customers
to protect and better use their information—regardless of its format, location or lifecycle stage—so they can optimize their
business and ensure proper recovery, compliance and discovery. Founded in 1951, Iron Mountain manages billions of information
assets, including business records, electronic files, medical data, emails and more for organizations around the world. Visitwww.ironmountain.com
or follow the company on Twitter atwww.twitter.com/IronMountainInc for more information. Media contact: Christian T. Potts,
1-617- 535-8721, email@example.com.
- Microsoft: Task Force Member -- Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq “MSFT”) is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions
that help people and businesses realize their full potential. For more information, news and perspectives from Microsoft,
please visit the Microsoft News Center at http://www.microsoft.com/news. For additional assistance, journalists and analysts
may contact Microsoft’s Rapid Response Team or other appropriate contacts listed at http://www.microsoft.com/news/contactpr.mspx.
- Open Text: Task Force Member -- Open Text, the preeminent enterprise content management software solutions company, helps organizations
manage and gain the true value of their business content. Open Text brings two decades of expertise supporting 100 million
users in 114 countries. Working with our customers and partners, we bring together leading Content Experts to help organizations
capture and preserve corporate memory, increase brand equity, automate processes, mitigate risk, manage compliance and improve
competitiveness. For more information, visit www.opentext.com. Media contact: Richard Maganini, 1-847-961-0662, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oracle: Task Force Member -- Oracle content management software is a unified enterprise content management platform that enables customers
to leverage industry-leading document management, Web content management, digital asset management, and records management
functionality to build their business applications. Building a strategic enterprise content management infrastructure for
content and applications helps customers to reduce costs, easily share content across the enterprise, minimize risk, automate
expensive, time-intensive and manual processes, and consolidate multiple Web sites onto a single platform. For more information
about Oracle content management software, visithttp://www.oracle.com/goto/contentmanagement. Media contact: Greg Lunsford,
1-650-506- 6523, email@example.com.
- Jesse Wilkins: Please contact Jesse Wilkins, AIIM Director, Systems of Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 (303) 574-0749 to get involved
and schedule a workshop for your organization. We hope you will take us up on this invitation to engage at the beginning of
what promises to be an exciting change.