Strategic priorities and goals
Start: 2010-07-01, Publication: 2012-11-22
The Object of Rotary is to encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise and, in particular, to
encourage and foster: FIRST. The development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service; SECOND. High ethical standards
in business and professions; the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations; and the dignifying of each Rotarian's
occupation as an opportunity to serve society; THIRD. The application of the ideal of service in each Rotarian's personal,
business, and community life; FOURTH. The advancement of international understanding, goodwill, and peace through a world
fellowship of business and professional persons united in the ideal of service.
- Rotary Members: Avenues of Service -- For years, Rotary's commitment to Service Above Self has been channeled through the Avenues of Service,
which form the foundation of club activity.
- Club Service Members: Club Service focuses on strengthening fellowship and ensuring the effective functioning of the club. Learn about effective
club service in Membership and Training .
- Vocational Service Members: Vocational Service encourages Rotarians to serve others through their vocations and to practice high ethical standards. Observed
each October, Vocational Service Month spotlights Rotary club projects related to this avenue, offering opportunity for clubs
and districts to use their professional skills in service projects.
- Community Service Members: Community Service covers the projects and activities the club undertakes to improve life in its community.
- International Service Members: International Service encompasses actions taken to expand Rotary's humanitarian reach around the globe and to promote world
understanding and peace. Rotarians can support International Service by sponsoring a project in another country, seeking international
project partners to support projects in their own communities, or by personally volunteering at an international project site.
Visit the ProjectLINK database to post a project in need of assistance, find projects to support, or learn about successfully
completed projects to replicate.
- New Generations Service Members: New Generations Service recognizes the positive change implemented by youth and young adults through leadership development
activities as RYLA , Rotaract and Interact , service projects, and creating international understanding with Rotary Youth
- Rotary Clubs: All Rotary clubs are members of the global association Rotary International, which is overseen by an elected RI president
and Board of Directors. The RI Board is responsible for establishing policy for Rotary International.
- Rotary Foundation: The Rotary Foundation is a charitable organization supported solely by voluntary contributions. Managed by a Board of Trustees
and trustee chair, the Foundation provides financial support to help Rotary clubs and districts work together on meaningful,
- Rotary General Secretary: Rotary's general secretary manages the 800-member Rotary staff who serve Rotarians from RI World Headquarters in Evanston,
Illinois, USA, and several international offices. The general secretary is a member of both the RI Board of Directors and
The Rotary Foundation Board of Trustees.
- Rotary International Board of Directors: The RI Board of Directors is the administrative body of Rotary International. Its members include the RI president, president-elect,
vice president, treasurer, and the Rotary general secretary. Directors are nominated by Rotary clubs and elected to two-year
terms at the RI Convention.
- Sakuji Tanaka: Rotary President -- Rotary Club of Yashio, Saitama, Japan (2012-13) -- Sakuji Tanaka was chair of the Daika Company and president
of the National Household Papers Distribution Association of Japan.
- Ron D. Burton: President-elect -- Rotary Club of Norman, Oklahoma, USA (2013-14) -- Ron Burton, the RI president-elect, retired as president
of the University of Oklahoma Foundation Inc. in 2007. He is a member of the American Bar Association and is admitted to practice
before the U.S. Supreme Court. Ron is a founder and past president of the Norman Public School Foundation, and founder and
past board member of the Norman Community Foundation. He was vice president of the Last Frontier Council of the Boy Scouts
of America and received the Silver Beaver Award. A Rotarian since 1979, he has served as RI director, Rotary Foundation trustee
vice chair, International Assembly moderator, committee chair, Permanent Fund national adviser, regional Rotary Foundation
coordinator, and aide to the president. Ron has received the RI Service Above Self Award and the Foundation's Distinguished
Service Award and International Service Award for a Polio-Free World. He and his wife, Jetta, have two children and three
- Kenneth M. Schuppert Jr.: Vice President -- Rotary Club of Decatur, Alabama, USA (2011-13) -- Kenneth Schuppert is an attorney at the law firm Blackburn,
Maloney, and Schuppert LLC. He is a trustee and vice chair of Parkway Medical Center and has been president of the Decatur
Jaycees, vice president of the Tennessee Valley Council of the Greater Alabama Council of the Boy Scouts of America, and president
of the Old Decatur Historic Association. Ken has served Rotary as a Communications Committee member, Council on Legislation
representative, and president's representative. He has received The Rotary Foundation Distinguished Service Award. Ken and
his wife, Lynn, also a Rotarian, are Major Donors and Bequest Society members.
- Elizabeth S. Demaray: Treasurer -- Rotary Club of Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan, USA (2011-13) -- Elizabeth Demaray, is a commercial real estate broker
who has owned several businesses. She is a past president of her community's United Way and Board of Realtors and is a trustee
of the Lake Superior State University Foundation and the War Memorial Hospital Board. In the 1980s, she was named one of the
top five female entrepreneurs in Michigan. She has served Rotary as a committee and task force member, regional Rotary International
membership coordinator, and training leader. Betsy and her husband, Ken, are Benefactors of The Rotary Foundation and Bequest
Society members. They have hosted six exchange students and were part of a Carl P. Miller Discovery Grant mission to Jamaica.
- José Antonio F. Antiório: Director -- Rotary Club of Osasco, São Paulo, Brazil (2011-13) -- José Antiório is a school administrator and president of
Padre Anchieta School. He has served as vice president of the Association of Public Schools and the Municipal Council of Education
in São Paulo, government secretary for education, and president of the YMCA of São Paulo. José has served Rotary as a member
of the Permanent Fund Committee for Latin America, regional Rotary International membership coordinator, president's representative,
and district membership development chair. He has received the RI Service Above Self Award and is a Rotary Foundation Major
Donor. José and his wife, Ana Lúcia, live in São Paulo.
- Ann-Britt Åsebol: Director -- Rotary Club of Falun-Kopparvågen, Sweden (2012-14) -- Ann-Britt Åsebol has a background in education and started
a high school, Falu Frigymnasium, for students ages 16-19. She is also a member of the Swedish Parliament. Ann-Britt has served
Rotary as a regional Rotary International membership coordinator, regional Rotary Foundation coordinator, training leader,
Council on Legislation representative, and president's representative. A Rotarian since 1993, she has participated in service
projects throughout Nepal and Russia. Ann-Britt is a Benefactor of the Foundation.
- John Boag: Director -- Rotary Club of Tamworth North, Australia (2012-14) -- John Boag, an accredited specialist in property law, is
a director at Everingham Solomons Solicitors and has been a Rotarian since 1980. John has served Rotary as chair of the Constitution
and Bylaws Committee, regional Rotary Foundation coordinator, training leader, and president's representative. He was vice
chair of the 2007 and 2010 Councils on Legislation. John has received The Rotary Foundation District Service Award and Citation
for Meritorious Service. He and his wife, Dianna, are Benefactors of the Foundation.
- Kenneth R. Boyd: Director -- Rotary Club of Kerman, California, USA (2011-13) -- Kenneth Boyd is a real estate professional at Boyd Company
Realtors and was the 2002 California State Businessman of the Year. Ken has served Rotary as a committee member, regional
Rotary Foundation coordinator, Council on Legislation representative, president's representative, and district trainer. He
has traveled to dozens of countries on behalf of Rotary and spoken at several conferences on peace. As president of his club,
he oversaw a project that established paramedic services in Kerman and surrounding communities. He is a recipient of the RI
Service Above Self Award and the Foundation's Distinguished Service Award. He and his wife, Susan, are Major Donors.
- Yash Pal Das: Director -- Rotary Club of Ambala, India (2011-13) -- Yash Pal Das is the chief executive officer of a family-owned car dealership
and has served as an executive officer in the Indian Merchant Navy. He is a member of the Indian Roads and Transport Development
Association, the Federation of Automobile Dealers Associations, and the Society for the Hearing Impaired. Yash has served
Rotary as an India PolioPlus Committee member, regional Rotary Foundation coordinator, president's representative, training
leader, and Group Study Exchange team leader. He has received the Foundation's Citation for Meritorious Service and the Regional
Service Award for a Polio-Free World. He and his wife, Manju, are Major Donors.
- Jacques di Costanzo: Director -- Rotary Club of Marseille Phocea, France (2012-14) -- Jacques di Costanzo is a gastroenterologist with the Hospitals
of Marseille. A Rotarian since 1989, Jacques has served Rotary as a training leader as well as president's representative
and currently chairs the French section of the Rotary Leadership Institute. A history enthusiast, he is the president of Préhistoire,
Epistémologie, Philosophie and the vice president of Société Napoléonienne. Jacques is a Paul Harris Fellow and lives in Marseille
with his spouse, Jeanne.
- Allan O. Jagger: Director -- Rotary Club of Elland, England (2011-13) -- Allan Jagger has several business interests, mainly in the mechanical
engineering field. He has served for 25 years as director -- and, for the past 14 years, as chair -- of a charity that provides
work-based learning and education services for young people in West Yorkshire. Allan is a past president of Rotary International
in Great Britain and Ireland. He has served Rotary as RIBI Foundation Committee chair, regional Rotary Foundation coordinator,
Rotary's US$200 Million Challenge Committee member, and host area coordinator at the Rotary Peace Center at the University
of Bradford. He has received the Foundation's Distinguished Service Award. Allan and his wife, Rose, are Major Donors and
Bequest Society members.
- Paul Knyff: Director -- Rotary Club of Weesp (Vechtstreek-Noord), The Netherlands (2011-13) -- Paul Knyff is a mediator and coach who
has worked in the pharmaceutical industry. A former partner in a veterinary clinic, he has served as editor of a scientific
veterinary periodical and as treasurer of the Dutch Veterinary History Society. Paul began his association with Rotary in
1970 as a Rotary Foundation Ambassadorial Scholar, studying at University College Nairobi in Kenya, and became a Rotarian
a decade later. Paul has served as editor of the regional magazine De Rotarian and has been a regional Rotary International
membership coordinator and president's representative. He is a Paul Harris Fellow. Paul and his wife, Rita, have three children
and one grandchild.
- Takeshi Matsumiya: Director -- Rotary Club of Chigasaki-Shonan, Japan (2012-14) -- Takeshi Matsumiya works in dentistry in Kanagawa and has been
a Rotarian since 1982. Takeshi has served as a regional Rotary International membership coordinator, Rotary International
membership zone coordinator, Literacy Resource Group zone coordinator, training leader, and president's representative. He
and his wife, Shigeko, are Rotary Foundation Major Donors and members of the Bequest Society.
- Anne L. Matthews: Director -- Rotary Club of Columbia East, South Carolina, USA (2012-14) -- Anne L. Matthews, an educator, has served in several
management roles, including the South Carolina Department of Education, and on many national and state boards. A Rotarian
since 1989, Anne served as a trustee of The Rotary Foundation, a member of the Future Vision Committee, a regional Rotary
Foundation coordinator, and twice as lead assembly trainer. She received the Citation for Meritorious Service, Distinguished
Service Award, and Service Above Self Award. Anne is a Major Donor, charter member of the Bequest Society and the Paul Harris
Society, and a Benefactor.
- Shekhar Mehta: Director -- Rotary Club of Calcutta-Mahanagar, West Bengal, India (2011-13) -- Shekhar Mehta is an accountant and chair of
the Skyline Group, a real estate development company. He has been actively involved in disaster management and worked to build
500 homes after the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami. Shekhar has also helped establish hospitals in Hooghly and Kolkata, and he
chairs the Healing Little Hearts charity, which has facilitated nearly 250 heart surgeries for children. He has served Rotary
as a committee and task force member, resource group zone coordinator, training leader, and district Rotary Foundation committee
chair. Shekhar has received the RI Service Above Self Award and the Foundation's Distinguished Service Award. He and his wife,
Rashi, live in Kolkata.
- Juin Park: Director -- Rotary Club of Suncheon, Jeonranam, Korea (2011-13) -- Juin Park is an attorney, practicing general law. He has
been a public prosecutor for the Korean government and a legal adviser for POSCO Ltd., a steel manufacturer. Juin has served
Rotary as a member of the Election Review Committee and Membership Development Task Force, as well as a Literacy Resource
Group zone coordinator, Council on Legislation representative, president's representative, and training leader. Juin is a
Major Donor to The Rotary Foundation and a Bequest Society member. He and his wife, Soon Ja Cho, live in Jeonranam.
- Gideon Peiper: Director -- Rotary Club of Ramat Hasharon, Israel (2012-14) -- Gideon Peiper, an architect in Tel Aviv, specializes in the
design of public buildings. He has served as chair of Elah, a psychosocial support center for Dutch immigrants; secretary
of the Dutch Jewish Humanitarian Fund Board; and vice chair of the Israel Platform. He was granted the honorary title of Knight
(Ridder) in the Order of Orange-Nassau by the Queen of the Netherlands for his services to the Dutch community in Israel and
abroad. A Rotarian since 1978, Gidi has been a task force and committee member, regional Rotary Foundation coordinator, and
training leader. He is a Paul Harris Fellow and Benefactor, and has received the Foundation's Distinguished Service Award.
Gidi and his wife, Chen, have two daughters and five grandsons.
- Andy Smallwood: Director -- Rotary Club of Gulfway-Hobby Airport (Houston), Texas, USA (2012-14) -- Andy Smallwood is a private-practice attorney
specializing in corporate, banking, real estate, and international law. A Rotarian since 1981, he has served Rotary as a committee
member, Permanent Fund national adviser, regional Rotary Foundation coordinator, Literacy and Numeracy Task Force coordinator
for North America, training leader, Council on Legislation representative, and president's representative. Andy has received
the RI Service Above Self Award and the Foundation's Distinguished Service Award. He and his wife, Anita, are Major Donors
and charter members of the Bequest Society.
- Bryn Styles: Director -- Rotary Club of Barrie-Huronia, Ontario, Canada (2012-14) -- Bryn Styles is a pharmacy president and has been a
Rotarian since 1986. He has served Rotary as a regional Rotary Foundation coordinator, Council on Legislation representative,
and president's representative. He has received the RI Service Above Self Award and The Rotary Foundation Citation for Meritorious
Service. Bryn has served as a Group Study Exchange team leader in Australia, and he and his wife, Randy, have hosted six exchange
students. They are Major Donors and Bequest Society members.
- John Hewko: General Secretary -- Evanston, Illinois, USA -- John Hewko is the general secretary of Rotary International and The Rotary
Foundation. He is a member of the Rotary Club of Kyiv in Ukraine.
- Rotary International Executive Staff
- Peter DeBerge: Deputy General Secretary -- Peter DeBerge works closely with Rotary International's general secretary to direct the operations
of the RI Secretariat. Before assuming this role in 2011, Peter served for more than eight years as assistant general secretary,
general manager of financial services, and chief financial officer for Rotary International and The Rotary Foundation. Peter
has more than 40 years of financial, administrative, strategic planning, and business development experience. He has served
as a key financial adviser to executive management in both commercial and not-for-profit organizations. Peter earned a degree
in accounting from Loras College in Dubuque, Iowa, USA, and an MBA from the University of Wisconsin in Madison. He is a certified
public accountant and a member of Financial Executives International, the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants,
and the Illinois CPA Society. He also serves on the Advisory and Development Board of St. Vincent de Paul Center in Chicago.
Peter is a Paul Harris Fellow.
- Michele Berg: General Manager and Chief Programs and Member Services Officer -- Michele Berg manages more than 150 employees in functions
that support Rotary members, including education and training, Rotary programs, international meetings, support for clubs
and districts, Rotary coordinators, membership engagement, and the Contact Center. Michele has worked for Rotary for more
than 15 years, most recently in the field of education and training. Michele graduated from Loyola University Chicago with
a major in Italian. She earned her MBA from the University of Illinois at Chicago with a dual specialization in marketing
and international business. Michele is a Paul Harris Fellow and a member of the Rotary Club of Evanston, Illinois, USA.
- Joe Brownlee: General Manager and Chief Strategy Officer -- Joe Brownlee plans and coordinates strategic initiatives at Rotary International.
He joined Rotary in 2004 as its general auditor and has since held the positions of strategic planning manager, in which he
worked closely with top leadership to create the organization's strategic plan, and global launch manager for Future Vision,
Rotary's new, streamlined grant model. Joe has 20 years of professional experience in health care, transportation, government,
membership organizations, and charities. His expertise includes strategic planning and performance management, operational
auditing, customer service center management, project and contract management, and program implementation management. Joe
holds a bachelor of science in business administration and accounting from the University of South Carolina. In 1986, he received
a college scholarship from the Rotary Club of Beaufort. Joe is a member of the Rotary Club of Evanston and volunteers with
his club and with several charities for children.
- Lori O. Carlson: General Manager and Chief Financial Officer -- Lori Carlson oversees all aspects of the financial operations of Rotary International
and its charitable arm, The Rotary Foundation, which have combined revenues exceeding US$400 million and almost $1 billion
in assets. Her responsibilities include financial management, financial planning and analysis, treasury and investment, corporate
reporting, accounting services, insurance, risk management, and procurement. Lori has nearly 30 years of combined experience
in treasury, financial planning, and financial reporting and control, most of it with the pharmaceutical companies Hospira
Inc., where she was corporate vice president and treasurer, and Abbott Laboratories, where she held several positions, including
assistant treasurer and treasurer for international operations. She graduated from Wartburg College in Waverly, Iowa, USA,
with a degree in business administration, and she earned an MBA-finance degree from Southern Methodist University's Edwin
L. Cox School of Business, in Dallas, Texas.
- Peter Markos: General Manager and Chief Information and Administrative Officer -- Peter Markos leads a global team of more than 130 staffers
in Information Systems and Data Processing. In addition, he helped establish RI's Information Technology Development Center
in Pune, India. Peter has more than 17 years of management and IT experience. He graduated from the University of Chicago
with a degree in economics, and has an MBA from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business. Peter is a Paul Harris
- John Osterlund: General Manager and Chief Development Officer -- The Rotary Foundation is one of the largest charitable organizations in the
United States for fundraising and international grant making. It's staffed by about 160 dedicated professionals. As general
manager of The Rotary Foundation, John Osterlund oversees the operations of four divisions: PolioPlus, Fund Development, Future
Vision Pilot Operations, and Foundation Programs. John has been a member of the Rotary staff for approximately 20 years. He
graduated with a degree in political science from the University of South Florida in Tampa, Florida, USA, and was awarded
a Rotary Foundation Ambassadorial Scholarship. John received his master's degree in history education from Florida State University
in Tallahassee. John is a member of the Rotary Club of Evanston Lighthouse, Evanston, Illinois. He is a Paul Harris Fellow
and a Benefactor of The Rotary Foundation.
- General Manager and Chief Communications Officer: (Open)
- Steven Routburg: General Counsel -- Steven Routburg and his staff counsel the leadership of Rotary International, The Rotary Foundation, and
the Secretariat staff on a wide range of issues about law and legal and corporate policy. Legal Services also supports RI's
triennial Council on Legislation and manages the grant stewardship function for The Rotary Foundation. Steven joined Rotary's
staff in 1996 and has been general counsel since 1999. He graduated from the University of Michigan Law School and received
his undergraduate business degree from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. Steven is a Paul Harris Fellow.
- Rotary Foundation Trustees: The Rotary Foundation Board of Trustees is responsible for managing the business of the Foundation. Its members include the
chair, chair-elect, vice chair, and the Rotary general secretary. Trustees are appointed to four-year terms by the RI president,
with approval from the RI Board of Directors.
- Wilfrid J. Wilkinson: Board of Trustees Chair -- Rotary Club of Trenton, Ontario, Canada (2009-13) -- Wilfrid J. Wilkinson was a founding partner
of Wilkinson & Company, a public accounting firm. After retiring, Wilf served as the part-time executive director of the Quinte
Ballet School of Canada.
- Dong Kurn Lee: Board of Trustees Chair-elect -- Rotary Club of Seoul Hangang, Seoul, Korea (2010-14) -- Dong Kurn Lee is chair of Bubang
Co. Ltd. and Bubang Techron Co. Ltd., manufacturing companies in Seoul. He is a trustee of the Busan College of Information
Technology and a past trustee of Seoul Bank. In 2005, he was appointed international goodwill ambassador by the president
of Korea. A Rotarian since 1971, D.K. has served RI as president, director, treasurer, Foundation trustee, committee member
and chair, PolioPlus national advocacy adviser, regional Rotary Foundation coordinator, zone and regional coordinator for
membership development, and International Assembly training leader. He is chair of the Polio Eradication Private Sector Initiative
in Korea and a recipient of the Foundation's Citation for Meritorious Service. As 1995-96 district governor, D.K. was recognized
for chartering 32 new clubs and adding nearly 1,800 new members, making his district the most successful in membership development
that year. He lives in Seoul with his wife, Young.
- Stephen R. Brown: Board of Trustees Vice chair -- Rotary Club of La Jolla Golden Triangle, California, USA (2010-14) -- Stephen R. Brown has
practiced with the law firm of Luce, Forward, Hamilton & Scripps since 1972. He is a member of the San Diego County Bar Association,
the State Bar of California, and the San Diego Bankruptcy Forum, and is chair of the Triangle Trust. He has served as chair
of the Golden Triangle Marketing Consortium, director of the Golden Triangle Arts Foundation, and member of the Stanford Law
School Board of Visitors. He received the Eleanor Roosevelt Human Rights Award from the United Nations Association of San
Diego. A charter member of the Rotary Club of La Jolla Golden Triangle, he has served RI as a committee and task force chair,
Future Vision Committee member, and Permanent Fund national adviser. He has worked on projects to establish a school in Afghanistan,
a water system in Kenya, and a sewing center for Somali refugees in San Diego. He is a recipient of The Rotary Foundation's
Citation for Meritorious Service and Distinguished Service Award and the RI Service Above Self Award. Steve and his wife,
Susan, are members of the Arch C. Klumph Society.
- Antonio Hallage: Trustee -- Rotary Club of Curitiba-Leste, Paraná, Brazil (2011-15) -- Antonio Hallage is a telecommunications engineer and
president of SET Ltda., a telecommunications consulting company. He is also director of Brasilsat Harald, a manufacturing
company, and professor of telecommunications systems at the Federal University of Paraná. He is a past adviser of the Paraná
Engineering Institute. A Rotarian since 1979, Antonio serves as an adviser to the Rotary regional magazine Brasil Rotário.
He also has served Rotary as director, committee member and vice chair, Rotary Foundation alumni coordinator, regional Rotary
Foundation coordinator, president's representative, and training leader. He has received The Rotary Foundation Citation for
Meritorious Service and the City of Curitiba's award for outstanding service to the community. Antonio and his wife, Rose,
live in Curitiba.
- Lynn A. Hammond: Trustee -- Rotary Club of Loveland, Colorado, USA (2009-13) -- Lynn A. Hammond is a past president of the Larimer County Bar
Association and has served on the Colorado Bar Association's Board of Governors, Executive Committee, Judicial Qualifications
Committee, and Supreme Court Grievance Committee. He has served as president of the Loveland United Fund, Visiting Nurse Association,
House of Neighborly Service, and Thompson R2-J School Board, and as a lay leader in his church. A Rotarian since 1960, he
has served RI as director, chair of the Board Executive Committee and RI Operations Review Committee, president's representative,
International Assembly group discussion leader, RI training leader, and Permanent Fund national adviser. He and his wife,
Norma, are Benefactors of The Rotary Foundation and Major Donors.
- Jackson San-Lien Hsieh: Trustee -- Rotary Club of Taipei Sunrise, Taiwan (2011-15) -- Jackson San-Lien Hsieh is president of Amin International Corp.,
former president of Sung Chiao Investment Co., and past director of WI Harper Group. He has been chair of the Taipei UNESCO
Movement Association, honorary chair of the Taipei Lifeline Association, and executive director of the Taipei City Chapter
of the General Association of the Scouts of China. Jackson has served Rotary as director, vice chair of the Rotary Peace Centers
Major Gifts Initiative and Asian Presidential Conference (Taipei) Committee, committee and task force member, regional Rotary
Foundation coordinator, and training leader. He also has been editor of The Rotarian Monthly regional magazine. He is a Rotary
Foundation Major Donor and Arch C. Klumph Society member. He has received the Foundation's Citation for Meritorious Service
and Distinguished Service Award and the RI Service Above Self Award. He lives in Taipei with his wife, Juliet.
- John Kenny: Trustee -- Rotary Club of Grangemouth, Scotland (2011-15) -- John Kenny is a past dean of his local law faculty, a judge,
and a notary. He earned the Scouting Medal of Merit for helping to form new Scouting groups in Eastern Europe. An elder of
the Church of Scotland, he has been deputy lieutenant to Queen Elizabeth II, president of the Forth Valley Junior Chamber
of Commerce and the Federation of Scottish Junior Chambers of Commerce, and general legal counsel of Jaycees International.
A Rotarian since 1970, John is past president of Rotary International and past president and vice president of Rotary International
in Great Britain and Ireland. He also has served Rotary as director, Rotary Foundation trustee, committee chair and vice chair,
and president's representative. He has been a Council on Legislation representative, member at large, and parliamentarian.
A Rotary Foundation Major Donor and Bequest Society member, John has received the Foundation's Citation for Meritorious Service
and Distinguished Service Award. He and his wife, June, live in Linlithgow.
- Ray Klinginsmith: Trustee -- Rotary Club of Kirksville, Missouri, USA (2012-16) -- Ray Klinginsmith served as general counsel and professor
of business administration at Truman State University (formerly Northeast Missouri State University) for more than 20 years,
and was dean of administration for five years. A Rotarian for more than 50 years, Ray is a past president of Rotary International.
He also has served as RI director, RI Board Executive Committee chair, Rotary Foundation trustee and trustee vice chair, Future
Vision Committee member, Council on Legislation chair, and 2008 Los Angeles Convention Committee chair. He is an alumnus of
the Foundation's Ambassadorial Scholarships program, which took him to South Africa in 1961. A Major Donor, he is a recipient
of the Foundation's Distinguished Service Award. Ray and his wife, Judie, live in Kirksville.
- Ashok M. Mahajan: Trustee -- Rotary Club of Mulund, Maharashtra, India (2009-13) -- Ashok M. Mahajan is senior partner in Raj Industries, a
firm he founded in 1973. He is a member of the Punjab Kesari Club and Council for Fair Business Practice, and has served on
the Civil Defense Advisory Committee Maharashtra. Ashok joined the Rotary Club of Mulund in 1973. He has served RI as a director
and task force and committee member, and at the 2001-02 India Presidential PolioPlus Summit. He is a member of the International
PolioPlus Committee. He has received the RI Service Above Self Award as well as the Foundation's Citation for Meritorious
Service, Distinguished Service Award, and Regional Service Award for a Polio-Free World. He is a Major Donor, Benefactor,
and Paul Harris Society member.
- Michael K. McGovern: Trustee -- Rotary Club of South Portland-Cape Elizabeth, Maine, USA (2012-16) -- Mike McGovern is town manager of Cape Elizabeth,
Maine. He is board chair of Ecomaine and serves on the Edmund Muskie School of Public Service Board of Visitors. A Rotarian
since 1986, he has served RI as vice president, director, committee chair, Rotarian Action Group chair, moderator of membership
coordinator training, international training leader, and Permanent Fund national adviser. He is a Rotary Foundation Major
Donor and Bequest Society Member and has received the Rotary Foundation Citation of Meritorious Service.
- Samuel F. Owori: Trustee -- Rotary Club of Kampala, Uganda (2012-16) -- Samuel Owori specializes in corporate bank management. He joined Rotary
in 1978 and was an RI director in 2010-12. He also has served as a regional Rotary Foundation coordinator and RI training
leader. Sam currently serves as chair of the Audit Committee. He and his wife, Norah, are Benefactors of the Foundation.
- Kazuhiko Ozawa: Trustee -- Rotary Club of Yokosuka, Kanagawa, Japan (2010-14) -- Kazuhiko Ozawa is the owner and president of the Kamakura
Park Hotel and the manager of several restaurants. He is the former chair and current honorary chair of the Yokosuka Chamber
of Commerce and Industry. Kaz is president of Yokosuka Transport, Port and Harbor Association; chair of the Advisory Board
for Special Past Remuneration of Yokosuka City; and a member of the Kanagawa Public Safety Commission. He has served as president
of the Yokosuka Defense Association, honorary chair of the National Defense Academy of Japan supporters organization, and
president of the Yokosuka Arts Theater. Kaz has received awards including the Medal with Blue Ribbon and the Order of the
Rising Sun (Gold Rays with Neck Ribbon) from the Japanese government, and the Superior Public Service Award from the U.S.
Navy. A Rotarian since 1978, Kaz has served RI as a director and as a member of the RI Board Executive Committee, 2010 Montréal
Convention Committee, and Permanent Fund Committee for Japan. He also has been a PolioPlus national advocacy adviser, RI membership
zone coordinator, and president's representative. Kaz is a Rotary Foundation Major Donor, Bequest Society member, and Benefactor.
- Ian H.S. Riseley: Trustee -- Rotary Club of Sandringham, Victoria, Australia (2011-15) -- Ian H.S. Riseley has been the proprietor of Ian Riseley
& Co., an accounting firm in Melbourne, since 1976. He is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia,
with postgraduate qualifications in taxation law and accounting, and has been a university lecturer in accounting and ethics.
In 2002, the Australian government recognized him as a "peacebuilder" in the Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste. Ian has served
Rotary as director, treasurer, Rotary's US$200 Million Challenge zone coordinator, and task force and committee member. As
a member of the Australian Polio Eradication Private Sector Campaign, he received the Regional Service Award for a Polio-Free
World in 2003-04. He is a Rotary Foundation Major Donor and Bequest Society member. He and his wife, Juliet, live in Moorooduc
with their children, Andrew and Jill.
- Julio Sorjús: Trustee -- Rotary Club of Barcelona Condal, Spain (2012-16) -- Julio Sorjús, a member of the Barcelona Bar Association, is
partner and chair in a law firm bearing his name. He is a former associate professor on the law faculty of the University
of Barcelona and a past senior vice president of a national bank. He has served on committees for Alzheimer's disease and
multiple sclerosis associations and is the legal adviser to two international charitable foundations. A Rotarian since 1983,
Julio has served RI as director (1998-2000), RI president's aide , RI president's representative, committee member and chair,
task force zone coordinator, International Assembly group discussion leader, and district governor. He is a recipient of RI's
Service Above Self Award and The Rotary Foundation's Citation for Meritorious Service and Distinguished Service Award. Julio
is a Major Donor, and he and his wife, Carmen, are Paul Harris Fellows, Benefactors of The Rotary Foundation, and members
of the Bequest Society and Arch C. Klumph Society.
- Stephanie A. Urchick: Trustee -- Rotary Club of Canonsburg-Houston, Pennsylvania, USA (2012-14) -- Stephanie Urchick is the executive director of
the Southpointe CEO Association and the Southpointe Property Owners' Association. She handles business development for Robert
Morris University and owns a presentation-skills coaching business. Stephanie served as district governor in 1998-99 and Council
on Legislation representative in 2004 and 2007, and has traveled to India and Nigeria for National Immunization Days. She
is a Benefactor, Bequest Society member, and Major Donor, and has received The Rotary Foundation Distinguished Service Award.
- Rotary Partners: Rotary's work with other organizations -- Rotary International works with many leading organizations and educational institutions
in carrying out its worldwide humanitarian efforts.
- Polio Eradication Partnerships: Rotary International is a spearheading partner in the Global Polio Eradication Initiative along with: * World Health Organization
* U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention * UNICEF Other partners include the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and
- World Health Organization
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- United Nations: Rotary International appoints representatives to work with the several United Nations agencies and international organizations.
- Rotary Strategic Partners: Under the Future Vision Plan, The Rotary Foundation Trustees have formed strategic partnerships with the following organizations
to offer service opportunities for Rotarians through packaged global grants: * Aga Khan University * Mercy Ships * Oikocredit
International * UNESCO-IHE
- Aga Khan University
- Mercy Ships
- Oikocredit International
- Rotary Project Partners: The following Rotary club and district affiliated organizations provide service opportunities to Rotarians worldwide: * ShelterBox
- Rotary Service Partners: These external organizations support club activities and offer opportunities for collaboration on local Rotary projects: *
Dolly Parton's Imagination Library * The Global FoodBanking Network * Goodwill Industries International * International Reading
Association * YSA (Youth Service America)
- Dolly Parton's Imagination Library
- The Global FoodBanking Network
- Goodwill Industries International
- International Reading Association
- YSA (Youth Service America)
- Rotrary Government Partners: The RI/USAID International H2O Collaboration is an alliance between Rotary International and the U.S. Agency for International
Development to support and facilitate water and sanitation projects.
- U.S. Agency for International Development
- Rotary Peace Centers: The Rotary Foundation partners with the following universities to offer fellowships leading to degrees or certificates in
areas of study related to conflict prevention and resolution: * Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand (professional
development center) * Duke University and University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA * International Christian University,
Tokyo, Japan * Universidad del Salvador, Buenos Aires, Argentina * University of Bradford, West Yorkshire, England * University
of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia * Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
- Chulalongkorn University: Bangkok, Thailand (professional development center)
- Duke University
- University of North Carolina: at Chapel Hill
- International Christian University: Tokyo, Japan
- Universidad del Salvador: Buenos Aires, Argentina
- University of Bradford: West Yorkshire, England
- University of Queensland: Brisbane, Australia
- Uppsala University: Uppsala, Sweden