OpenPlans is a 501(c)3. In addition to our transportation and planning work, we incubated and launched OpenGeo, Streetfilms,
Streetsblog, and GothamSchools.
- Cities: OpenPlans works with cities and community organizations. Our tools for urban planning projects help create more rewarding
and inclusive public input, leading to better decision making.
- Community Organizations
- OpenPlans Team: Our Team -- OpenPlans is a group of passionate people working to create better tools for transportation and planning.
- OpenPlans Staff: Our staff are based in Philadelphia and New York City.
- Frank Hebbert: Director -- Frank is interested in creating radically better planning outcomes through the intersection of planning, technology
and public participation.
- Ellen McDermott: Director of Operations -- Ellen is responsible for all the financial, administrative and operations aspects of the organization.
- Andy Cochran: Creative Director -- Andy leads visual design and interface work on OpenPlans' projects.
- Anthony Denaro: Operations Associate -- Anthony keeps everything running smoothly at OpenPlans.
- Claudia Hassbach: Controller -- Claudia manages OpenPlans' financial operations.
- Aaron Ogle: Software Developer -- Aaron believes that software can be used to build for a better world.
- Mjumbe Poe: Software Developer -- Mjumbe enjoys projects that empower others to understand and affect their environments.
- OpenPlans Board of Directors
- Mark Gorton: Founder and President
- Andrew Hoppin: New Amsterdam Ideas
- Joseph Lipman: Hospital for Special Surgery
- Christopher Tucker: Yale House Ventures
- Jennifer Walker: Joseph Brooke LLC