NASACT Strategic Plan, FY 2011-2013
Start: 2011-01-01, End: 2013-12-31, Publication: 2012-09-16
Name:National Association of State Auditors, Comptrollers and Treasurers
The National Association of State Auditors, Comptrollers and Treasurers is an organization for state officials who deal with
the financial management of state government. NASACT’s membership is comprised of officials who have been elected or appointed
to the offices of state auditor, state comptroller or state treasurer in the 50 states, the District of Columbia, and U.S.
territories. NASACT has a headquarters office in Lexington, Kentucky, and a second office in Washington, D.C. The Association
plans and manages training and technical assistance programs and handles numerous requests for information each year from
state auditors, comptrollers, treasurers, and other government officials, as well as the private sector. NASACT monitors federal
legislation and agency developments that have an impact on state government and acts as a liaison to federal regulatory bodies
and Congressional committees on issues of interest to members. NASACT uses its expertise to provide responses to technical
standards-setting bodies, helping to ensure the highest standards of government transparency, accountability and integrity.
- State Auditors
- State Comptrollers
- State Treasurers
- R. Kinney Poynter, CPA: Executive Director
- Pat Hackney: Administrative Assistant
- Glenda Johnson: Communications Manager
- Fay Kurkjy: Peer Review Coordinator
- Donna Maloy, CMP: Conference Manager
- Kim O’Ryan, CPA: NASC Association Manager
- Adrian (AJ) Puryear: IT/Web Manager
- Sherri Rowland, CPA: NSAA Association Director
- Lori Slagle: Finance Manager
- Cornelia Chebinou: Washington Office Director
- Tanya Grayson: Administrative Assistant, Washington Office
- Neal Hutchko: Policy Analyst
- Training and Professional Development Committee: Develops and plans the technical program for the NASACT annual conference. Provides input on topics for NASACT webinars and
the Training Seminars Program.
- Committee on Accounting, Reporting and Auditing (CARA): Meets via conference call to discuss accounting, fi nancial reporting, auditing, and other matters related to the fi nancial
management of government
- Financial Management and Intergovernmental Affairs Committee (FMIAC): Monitors issues related to state/federal partnerships and improving relationships with federal finance officials.
- International Committee: Studies opportunities and makes recommendations on NASACT’s involvement in activities which support emerging democracies worldwide.
- Governmental Accounting Standards and Market Oversight (GASMO) Committee: Monitors issues related to the Governmental Accounting Standards Board and the municipal bond market.
- Membership Committee: Responsible for outreach to new and existing state auditors, comptrollers and treasurers and addressing membership-related
- Audit Committee: Coordinates and provides staff to conduct NASACT’s annual audit.
- Budget Committee: Prepares NASACT’s annual budget.
- Constitution and Bylaws Committee: Handles requests for and recommends changes to NASACT’s constitution and bylaws.
- Nominating Committee: Recommends a slate of officers for election by the membership at NASACT’s annual conference.
- Personnel Committee: Reviews policies and recommendations regarding personnel actions.
- Resolutions Committee: Prepares and presents resolutions for consideration at NASACT’s annual conference.
- Strategic Planning Committee: Prepares the annual strategic plan and monitors NASACT’s activities.
- Time and Place Committee: Makes recommendations to the NASACT Executive Committee on sites for NASACT’s annual conference.
- Faster Financial Reporting Work Group: Examines issues surrounding states’ abilities to issue timely financial reports. This is a work group of NASACT’s Committee
on Accounting, Reporting and Auditing (CARA).
- FAF/GASB/GASAC Selection Task Force: Coordinates the selection of NASACT representatives for various outside interests.
- Center for Governmental Financial Management: A 501(c)(3) organization created by NASACT to facilitate the management of the Association’s international projects.
- Governmental Accounting Standards Advisory Council (GASAC): NASACT maintains representation on the council.