Bylaws of the National Association of Government Communicators
Start: 2012-06-30, Publication: 2013-04-04
Name:National Association of Government Communicators
The principal purpose of the NAGC is to advance communications as an essential professional resource at every level of national,
state, and local government.
- NAGC Board of Directors
- Glen Thomas: President - Supervisor, Communications & Public Relations, Memphis Light, Gas & Water
- John S. Verrico: President-Elect - Spokesman, Science & Technology Directorate, Department of Homeland Security
- Kathryn Stokes: Treasurer - Strategic Affairs Officer, Mississippi Department of Employment Security
- Jennifer Lohr: Immediate Past President - National Capital Chapter, Information & Education Coordinator, Office of Risk Assessment & Cost
Benefit Analysis, OCE, U.S. Dept. of Agriculture
- Beth Armstrong, MAM, CAE: Executive Director/Secretary - Executive Director, NAGC
- Marisa Ellison, MBC: Competitions Director - Customer Relations Manager, Missouri Department of Transportation, Northeast District - Hannibal
- Laura Kirkpatrick: Membership and Volunteer Director - Public Information Officer, Monmouth County Department of Public Information
- Derrick G. Silas, Sr.: Communications Director - Web Communications Manager, City of Enid
- Stacy Johnston: Marketing Director - Public Relations Specalist, New Mexico Department of Workforce Solutions, Office of Communications and
- Liz Hamm: Professional Development Director - Public Information Officer, Bernalillo County Government
- Wendy C. Wagner-Smith: Education Director - Senior Writer/Editor, Federal Housing Finance Agency, Office of Congressional Affairs & Communications
- NAGC Staff
- Elizabeth B. Armstrong, MAM, CAE: Executive Director and Secretary - As NAGC Executive Director and Secretary on the NAGC Board of Directors, Ms. Armstrong
oversees day-to-day management, supervises staff support, and manages governance issues. She is President of Association and
Society Management International, Inc. (ASMI), the firm that serves IAEM.
- Dawn Shiley-Danzeisen: Communications Manager - Ms. Shiley-Danzeisen is NAGC's Communications Manager and staff liaison for public relations and
- Michelle Savoie: Program Manager - Ms.Savoie is NAGC's Program Manager and staff liaison for the NAGC Communications School and other events.
She also is staff liaison for the Blue Pencil & Gold Screen Awards Competition.
- Karen Thompson: Website Content Manager - Ms. Thompson is Content Manager of the NAGC website and works on special projects as needed.
- Kristina Wise: Exhibit/Sponsor Coordinator - Ms. Wise coordinates exhibit booth sales and sponsorships for the NAGC Communications School.
- Mary Ackleson: Meetings Registrar, Member Services - Ms. Ackleson is Meetings Registrar for the NAGC Communications School and assists with
member services as needed.
- Hui-Ling Liang: Finance Manager - Ms. Liang is NAGC's Accounting and Finance Manager.
- Barbara Tyeryar: Financial Assistant - Ms.Tyeryar assists with matters related to NAGC's Accounting and Finance.
- Debbie Vincent: Member Services Coordinator - Ms. Vincent is NAGC's Member Services Coordinator, manages the membership database, and processes
membership dues and registration fees.