Moving Forward in Unity to a Peaceful and Prosperous Community
Start: 2014-01-01, End: 2014-12-31, Publication: 2014-01-23
Myanmar has set the theme for 2014 ASEAN Chair as "Moving Forward in Unity to a Peaceful and Prosperous Community". The solidarity
of ASEAN is the first and foremost ingredient for ASEAN to be credible in the world and to be fully integrated into a community.
The ultimate goal of ASEAN is to reach to a peaceful and prosperous community where ASEAN will be outward looking, playing
a leading role in emerging regional architecture and contributing to the healthy development of global community, people-centred,
caring and socially responsible, economically dynamic, sustainable and resilient, maintaining peace, stability and harmony.
Myanmar's chairmanship of ASEAN aims to add value to these ASEAN objectives and dynamics.
- Myanmar: The year 2014 will be exciting year for Myanmar as Myanmar takes the rotating chair of ASEAN for the first time after joining
ASEAN in 17 years. Political, economic and administrative reforms in Myanmar since 2011 have made it possible for Myanmar
to play a more active role in regional and international affairs in accordance with its foreign policy objectives stipulated
in the 2008 Constitution. Myanmar will faithfully implement the responsibilities of ASEAN Chair in accordance with the Article
31 and 32 of the ASEAN Charter.
- U Aung Lynn: Director General
- U Aung Htoo: Deputy Director General
- U Myint Thu: Deputy Director General
- Daw Ei Ei Khin Aye: Deputy Director General
- U Moe Kyaw Aung: Director
- Daw Khin Thidar Aye: Deputy Director
- Daw Khin Moe Htoo: Deputy Director
- U Nay Htet: Assistant Director
- Daw Hla Thidar Lynn: Assistant Director
- ASEAN Member States: Myanmar is confident that with the cooperation of ASEAN Member States as well as its external partners and international community
it will able to fulfill its tasks.
- ASEAN Partners
- International Community