Who we are
We have developed the case for public participation, produced practical guidance on how to engage effectively, explored innovative
practices of engagement, and begun to understand how and why citizens engage. Our research covers both the practice and theory
of engagement and is grounded in our work and experience.
Involve are experts in public participation... Involve exists to support organisations, politicians and public officials to
transform the way they engage with citizens. Registered Charity No - 1130568 | Registered Company No - 05669443
- Involve Staff
- Simon Bural: Director -- Follow @sburall | firstname.lastname@example.org -- Simon Burall is the Director of Involve. He has long and extensive experience
the fields of democratic reform, governance, public participation, stakeholder engagement, and accountability and transparency.
He has worked at the national level in Africa, Asia and Europe as well as on related issues of global governance and democracy.
- Edward Andersson: Deputy Director -- Follow @ed_andersson | email@example.com -- Edward Andersson is the Deputy Director of Involve, and
an established expert on methods of participatory decision making. He set up peopleandparticipation.net - the UKs leading
public engagement site, and has advised a number of organisations on public engagement strategies, including the Home Office,
the European Commission, the OECD and numerous Local Authorities and Health Trusts. His research covers how to measure the
business case for engagement, achieving efficiencies through engagement, and involving the public in the challenges of our
- Clive Mitchell: Programme Manager -- firstname.lastname@example.org -- Clive Mitchell is Programme Manager at Involve. He was previously Involve's Associate
Local Government Advisor. He has 30 years experience of working in and with local authorities, starting out as an Environmental
Health Officer in London.
- Ingrid Prikken: Project Manager -- Follow @ingridprikken | email@example.com -- Ingrid Prikken is Project Manager at Involve. Her work
is focused on project management, project design, research and facilitation. Her research covers embedding public engagement
in government and citizen participation in challenging issues.
- Tim Hughes: Research Officer -- Follow @TimJHughes | firstname.lastname@example.org -- Tim Hughes is Research Officer at Involve. Among other things,
he leads Involve's work on open government and coordinates the UK Open Government Partnership civil society network. His research
covers open government, open policy making, public dialogue and active citizenship.
- Houda Davis: Research Assistant | email@example.com -- Houda is a research intern working on a thought piece for Involve about citizen
engagement with climate change issues. This piece of research will explore how local government could rethink citizen engagement
with issues around climate change and energy future in the context of open government.
- Andy Williamson: Digital Engagement Associate -- firstname.lastname@example.org -- Andy is an internationally respected expert in digital engagement.
Through his research, consultancy, writing and facilitation he supports governments, parliaments and civil society organisations
around the world to transform the way they educate, engage and enable.
- Brendan Whitty: Public Engagement for Aid Accountability Associate -- email@example.com -- Brendan is supporting Involve in understanding
the role of public engagement within the international development and aid sector. In particular, he will focus on how the
development community balance the needs and interests of both the UK public and that of the recipient country.
- Helen Fisher: Communications and Evaluation Associate -- firstname.lastname@example.org -- Helen has worked in the field of public and stakeholder
engagement for ten years, with a particular focus on complex scientific and sustainability issues. She specialises in writing,
research, analysis and evaluation, as well as being an experienced project manager and support facilitator. She has a particular
interest in writing and developing materials to communicate complex issues to different audiences.
- Archon Fung: Associate -- Archon Fung is an Associate Professor of Public Policy at Harvard's John F. Kennedy School of Government. His
research examines the impacts of civic participation, public deliberation, and transparency upon public and private governance.
- Involve Associates: Involve draws on a network of associates who are experts in their field. Involve associates work on relevant Involve projects,
contribute to Involve's development and feature on our blog.
- Public Officials
- Public Organisations: Since Involve was founded in 2004 we have worked closely with public organisations at a local, national and international
level to transform how they engage with citizens. These include the Home Office, Ministry of Justice, the World Health Organisation,
the European Commission, the OECD and numerous Local Authorities.
- Home Office
- Ministry of Justice
- World Health Organisation
- European Commission
- Local Authorities