Overview of IABC
Name:International Association of Business Communicators
Founded in 1970, The International Association of Business Communicators provides a professional network of about 15,000 business
communication professionals in over 80 countries.
- Business Communicators: Our members hold positions in: * Public relations/Media relations * Corporate communications * Public affairs * Investor relations
* Government relations * Marketing communication * Community relations * Writing * Editing * Training * Advertising * Photography
and video production * Graphic design * Human resources * Teaching
- IABC Executive Board: (ExecBd) [Intl] Leadership as of 08-Jan-14
- Robin McCasland: Chair - Robin McCasland is recognized among employers and colleagues for her creative, strategic approaches to employee engagement
and talent management communication. She owned Brain Biscuits Strategic Communication in Dallas. Robin is a past chair of
the IABC Foundation, and past president of the Dallas and Fort Worth IABC chapters. She has also been honored as a Dallas
Communicator of the Year. She is a graduate of the College of Communication at The University of Texas, Austin. In her spare
time, Robin enjoys gardening, painting and volunteering for dog rescue organizations.
- Russell L. Grossman: Vice Chair - Russell L. Grossman, ABC is Director of Communications at the U.K. Government's Department for Business. Russell
joined IABC in 2002 and has held a number of positions on the U.K. Chapter Board. He was a member of the International Excel
Committee and the Program Advisory Committee for World Conference. Russell holds the CAM Diploma in Public Relations and is
a Fellow of the U.K. Chartered Institute of Marketing, and of the Royal Society of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce (RSA),
a member of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations and sits on their professional qualifications advisory committee.
He is a visiting Fellow at Cass Business School, part of City University, London. Russell and his long-suffering wife reside
in north London with four children and seven rabbits.
- Kerby Meyers: Past Chair - Kerby Meyers consulted IABC's strategic plan, considered the marketplace challenges and determined that IABC
needs to take a comprehensive look at its business during his 12-month term as the organization's Chair. He continues to operate
The Communications Refinery Inc., a Denver-based consultancy specializing in corporate messaging.
- Terry Cerisoles: Secretary/Treasurer - Terry Cerisoles is vice president of technology communications worldwide for Turner Broadcasting System
Inc. In this role, she leads technology-focused communications for the company's critical technical initiatives, including
the build-out of the digital production facility, the rollout of TNT and CNN's high-definition networks and, most recently,
CNN's worldwide transition to file-based production. Her articles on production facilities and workflow change management
have appeared in broadcast industry trade magazines.
- Michael J. Ambrozewicz: Director-at-Large - Michael J. Ambrozewicz is manager of Corporate Communications and Diversity & Inclusion at DIRECTV. He
oversees global strategy and communications for the U.S. workforce, Enterprise employees, human resources programs and all
benefit plan participants. Michael has led teams on numerous award-winning communications efforts, including an IABC Gold
Quill. His responsibilities also include managing the company's diversity and inclusion strategy that coordinates initiatives
targeted at the company's consumer and community marketplaces, inclusive workplace culture and diverse workforce. Michael
served two terms as president of IABC Los Angeles, for which he was recognized with an IABC Chapter Leader of the Year honorable
mention. He holds a degree in international business administration and a degree in German studies from Loyola Marymount University.
A native Californian, he lives in Los Angeles and has resided in Germany and Poland.
- Jane L. Mitchell: Director-at-Large - Jane L. Mitchell is the immediate past president of the U.K. chapter of IABC, on which she had previously
served as VP, Professional Development. Through her own company, JL&M, she works with clients to connect the dots between
the rhetoric and reality of embedding ethics, values and behaviors in their organizations. Having started her career at the
BBC in London, she has moved from award-winning filmmaking to strategic communications working with both public and global
FTSE 100 companies. She is also a non-executive director of the leading U.K. communications agency, Karian and Box.
- Michael Ambjorn: Director-at-Large - Michael Ambjorn is founder of Alignyourorg, an organization that houses a nonprofit lab and a commercial
practice. Both focusing on helping people achieve purpose-driven impact by aligning resources and efforts through bringing
clarity and consensus to projects. Ambjorn has served as past chair of IABC Europe & Middle East, worked in various communication
roles at companies, including IBM and Motorola, across four continents. Currently residing in London, he headed up the Fellowship,
a 27,000-strong group of social entrepreneurs, influencers and senior decision makers, at the 259-year-old Royal Society for
the Encouragement of Arts, Manufacture and Commerce (RSA), where he remains an active Fellow. Ambjorn is a graduate of Frederikssund
- Tom D. Roux: Director-at-Large - Tom D. Roux is a professional writer, editor and consultant with 11 years of corporate experience. He
joined IABC in 2001. He served on the Yankee Chapter Board of Directors culminating in the role of president in 2008-2009.
Tom's efforts as Membership VP in 2006-2007 resulted in an Award of Merit for Membership Marketing at the 2007 Chapter Management
Awards and an invitation for Tom to co-present at the 2008 International Leadership Institute. Tom was named a judge on the
Blue Ribbon Panel for the 2009 IABC Gold Quill Awards. Additionally, Tom served on the Heritage Region Board of Directors
as a Chapter Liaison and the IABC Investment Committee. Tom holds a master's degree in management and organizational communication
from Emerson College, and is an avid fan of communication technologies of all types. He resides in Milton, Mass.
- James D. Lynch: Director-at-Large - James D. Lynch, ABC is Director of Employee-Centered Solutions at Intel. In this role, he leads Intel's
evolution of employee support and design for its 90,000 employees worldwide. These initiatives seek to improve employee engagement
and satisfaction while taking full advantage of the company's investment in HR products and services. James has received more
than 20 awards in recognition of his work in communications and marketing, including two Gold Quills. James holds an MBA from
the Yale School of Management, a master's in divinity from Princeton Theological Seminary, and a bachelor of arts in chemistry
from Lafayette College.
- Vita Kernel: Director-at-Large - Vita Kernel, ABC has more than 20 years of experience in leading strategic communications projects in
the media, corporate entities and consultancies. She is the founder of Studio Kernel and collaborates with the Science and
Research Centre of the University of Primorska. Her work focuses on corporate communications, promotion of natural and cultural
heritage, planning and communicating sustainable development of organizations. She was the initiator of integrated reporting
in Slovenia where she lives. Vita Kernel has won multiple Gold Quill Awards. She was active in the re-establishment of the
IABC Slovenia chapter where she held several senior positions including that of the president in 2007-08.
- Sharon Hunter: Director-at-Large - Sharon Hunter is a marketing communication consultant with more than 20 years of experience serving an
international clientele with a focus on B2B services and training. She currently manages internal communication and brand
alignment across student services at Concordia University, Montreal. A career volunteer and committed mentor, she leveraged
her IABC leadership role to foster community partnerships to deliver communication skills training to students in two languages.
Hunter served as director of the award-winning IABC/Montreal chapter in 2010, and then president for two years (2011-13) during
which time she was named Chapter Leader of the Year. Hunter holds a bachelor's degree in specialization in communications
from Concordia University.
- Ritzi Ronquillo: Director-at-Large - Ritzi Ronquillo shares her exceptional knowledge as a communication consultant and speaker, training consultant
at Mapua Institute of Technology Center, senior professional lecturer at De La Salle University, consultant adjunct faculty
at Enderun Colleges. A member of IABC since 1991, Ronquillo has served as the North Asia Regional director, served on the
Council of Regions and on many IABC committees over the years, including those for World Conference, awards alignment and
the business communication track at the World Public Relations Forum in Melbourne, Australia; and has spoken at IABC Leadership
Institutes in San Diego, Hong Kong, Scottsdale and Melbourne. In chapter committees, she has led the Philippine Quill Awards
and the Philippine CEO EXCEL Awards. The recipient of Quill Awards, citations and other communication and leadership awards,
Ronquillo is president of IABC/Philippines as it celebrates its 30th anniversary in 2013. Ronquillo is a broadcast communications
graduate of the University of the Philippines, Diliman.
- Gloria S. Walker: Director-at-Large - Gloria S. Walker, ABC is a highly experienced practitioner with international experience in delivering
results based communications and public affairs programs for financial, energy, aerospace, automotive, consumer services and
government organizations in the U.S., Europe and Asia. She is also a part-time lecturer at the University of West London and
at the London campus of the Hult International Business School. Gloria received a bachelor's degree from West Virginia University
and a master's from The University of Texas, Austin and is completing her Ph.D. at the University of West London. Gloria has
held several leadership positions in IABC, including chapter president, regional director for Europe/Middle East and she is
a past chair of the IABC Foundation. She is a Fellow of the Royal Society for the advancement of the Arts, Manufactures and
Commerce and is a volunteer member of the media and PR team for the London 2012 Olympic Games.
- Cindy Schmieg: Director-at-Large - Cindy Schmieg, ABC is a senior communication professional with experience in multiple industries and communication
functions. She is currently an adjunct business management/communication instructor at Brown College. Schmieg has served as
president of IABC/Minnesota and director of the Pacific Plains Region.
- IABC World Headquarters Staff
- Ann Lazarus: Interim Executive Director
- Mari Pavia: Director, HR Administration
- Sasha Selvin: Executive Assistant
- Claire Watson, ABC: External Relations Consultant
- Pat Kilduff: Director, Marketing and Sales
- Marie Coppola: Director of Corporate Membership Services
- Frank Netherwood: Sales and Sponsorship Manager
- Savanna Cheer: Chapter Relations Manager
- Gary Hill: Membership Development Specialist
- Aaron Heinrich: Director of Communications
- Maria Hunt: Web Content Manager/Editor
- Trace Ronning: Communications Associate
- Charles Herrick: Events & Conferences Manager
- Tammi Lightle: Events and Registration Coordinator
- Mary Ann Boyle: Career Programs Manager
- Nilou Derakhshan: Career Programs Specialist
- Natasha Nicholson: Content Leader
- Jessica Burnette-Lemon: Senior Editor
- Amanda Aiello Beck: Managing Editor
- Caroline Cornell: Assistant Editor
- Alisa Damaso: Editorial Assistant
- Mari Pavia: Director, IABC FOUNDATION
- Carlos Ruiz: Director of Accounting
- Godfrey Melchor: Staff Accountant
- Rosalinda Venegas: Staff Accountant
- BizzyWeb: IT Consultants, Chapters and Regions
- Irvine Consulting: IT Consultants