Vision & Mission
GS1 is dedicated to the design and implementation of global standards and solutions to improve the efficiency and visibility
of supply and demand chains globally and across sectors.
The GS1 system of standards is the most widely used supply chain standards system in the world.
Name:GS1 - The Global Language of Business
GS1 is an international not-for-profit association with Member Organisations in over 100 countries.
- GS1 Management Board Members: Governance -- GS1 is governed by a management board composed of key leaders and drivers from multi-nationals, retailers, manufacturers
and GS1 Member Organisations. As a result, the GS1 management board has a global, multi-sectorial make-up. EPCglobal Inc.
and GS1 GDSN Inc. have separate management boards.
- Mr José Lopez: Executive Vice President of Operations & GLOBE, Nestlé -- Chairman
- Timothy Smucker: Chairman, The J. M. Smucker Company -- Vice-Chairman
- Robert (Bob) Carpenter: President & Chief Executive Officer, GS1 US
- Atsunobu Agata: VP Information Technology & President Integrated Business Services, AEON
- Rakesh Biyani: Director & CEO of Retail, Future Group
- Kevin M. Dougherty: Group VP & Chief Supply Chain Officer, The Kroger Company
- Rollin L. Ford: Executive VP and Chief Administration Officer, Wal-Mart Stores
- Werner Geissler: Vice Chairman Global Operations, The Procter & Gamble Company
- Carlos Mario Giraldo: President of Retail Business Operations, Almacenes Éxito SA
- Sonny King: CEO, Advantage Sales & Marketing
- Meinrad Lugan: Member of the Board of Management, B. Braun Melsungen
- Silvester Macho: CIO, METRO Group
- Rodney McMullen: President & COO, The Kroger Company
- Mike McNamara: Operations Development & IT Director, Tesco
- Joseph Phi: Global President Logistics, Li & Fung
- Pier-Luigi Sigismondi: Chief Supply Chain Officer, Unilever
- David Calleja Urry: CEO, GS1 Malta
- Miguel Ángel Peralta: CEO, GS1 Mexico
- Miguel Lopera: President & CEO, GS1
- Mr Michel Eeckhout: EVP, Delhaize
- Maria Palazzolo: CEO, GS1 Australia
- Pierre Georget: CEO, GS1 France
- Jörg Pretzel: CEO, GS1 Germany
- Hiromu Ueno: CEO & Senior Executive Director, GS1 Japan
- Mr Arthur Smith: CEO, GS1 Canada
- Mr Philippe Lambotte: Senior Vice President Global Supply Chain Management, Merck Inc.
- Mr Daniel Myers: Executive Vice President Integrated Supply Chain, Mondelez International
- Mr John Gilbert: CEO Americas, DHL Exel Supply Chain