Name:Global Buildings Performance Network
The Global Buildings Performance Network (GBPN) is a globally organised and regionally focused network ...
- Peter Graham: GBPN Executive Director
- Jens Laustsen: TECHNICAL DIRECTOR
- Claire Brulé: OPERATIONS AND FINANCE DIRECTOR
- Rosa Sitjà: RESEARCH ASSOCIATE
- Niamh McDonald: BUILDING POLICY ANALYST
- Sophie Shnapp: JUNIOR POLICY ANALYST
- Anne-Claire Bellec: COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
- Yeyet Picot: EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT
- Kevin Mo: REGIONAL DIRECTOR CHINA (INTERIM) AT CESP
- Oliver Rapf: REGIONAL DIRECTOR EUROPE AT BPIE
- Smita Chandiwala: REGIONAL DIRECTOR INDIA (INTERIM) AT SHAKTI
- Jayson Antonoff: REGIONAL DIRECTOR U.S. AT IMT
- GBPN Board of Directors: The GBPN Board of Directors provides strategic and operational oversight of the GBPN Global Centre, and monitors its performance.
The Board is composed of 6 members:
- Heather Thompson: Chair of GBPN Board of Directors -- Heather Thompson, co-founder of ClimateWorks, has now been working independently, focusing
on accelerating the strategies of Climateworks' Best Practice Networks. As founder, she now serves as Board Chair of the GBPN
and the Institute for Industrial Productivity, and is on the Board of Directors of the Regulatory Assistance Project, the
Collaborative Labeling and Appliance Standards Programme, and the Institute for Transportation and Development Policy. Previsously,
Ms. Thomson was a Principal at California Environmental Associates (CEA), leading the firm's work in philantropic strategy,
covering marine resource management, land conservation, energy and Climate Change. She worked with leading foundations and
numerous non-profit organisations, including the David and Lucile Packard Foundation, WWF International, the Environmental
Defense Fund and Conservation International. Ms. Thompson holds a MSc in environmental economics from the University of York,U.K.
and a B.S.in biological sciences from the University of California, San Diego.
- Khee Poh Lam: Professor at Carnegie Mellon University School of Architecture -- Dr. Lam is an educator, researcher, licensed architect and
international building performance and diagnostics consultant for several major award-winning projects in the private and
public sectors, in Singapore and in the USA. He is a founding editorial board member of the Journal of Building Simulation
(Taylor and Francis, UK), and Building Simulation: An International Journal (Springer and Tsinghua University Press). He serves
on the Energy Foundation Board of Directors and is actively engaged with their China Sustainable Energy Programme on a range
of activities including energy-efficient building codes and standards, education and training, as well as sustainable design
demonstration projects in China.
- Niclas Svenningsen: Manager, Strategy and Policy Development Unit, United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change -- Niclas Svenningsen
is the Manager for the Strategy and Policy Development for market-based mechanisms in the United Nations Framework Convention
on Climate Change Secretariat (UNFCC). As such, he is also responsible for the Secretariat's support to negotiations on new
and existing market-based mechanisms, and allocation of tradable emissions allowances. He is also currently coordinating the
work of the high-level Panel on the CDM Policy Dialogue, a wide ranging research and consultation process to define the role
of markets in the post-2012 climate architecture. Until recently, he was working in the United Nations Environment Programme
where he was in charge of the implementation of UNEP's programmes for sustainable buildings, urban development, and where
he also managed the climate neutral strategy of the UN system.
- Satish Kumar: Vice President, Energy Management Services, Schneider Electric India -- Dr. Satish Kumar is the Energy Efficiency Ambassador
and Vice-President, Energy Management Services at Schneider Electric India Pvt. Ltd. He is responsible for the energy management
business at the country level and for integrating energy efficiency in the overall business strategy. Prior to this position,
he headed the USAID-funded ECO-III Project − a bilateral initiative between the US and the Indian Government − where he managed
one of the largest energy efficiency projects in India for over four years. Satish has also worked as a Scientist at the Lawrence
Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL) for over eleven years.
- Surabi Menon: Director of Research, Climate Works Foundation -- Surabi Menon joined ClimateWorks as Director of Research in 2012. Previously,
she worked at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory as a staff scientist and also as the leader of the Heat Island Group.
Prior to that, she was a scientist at Columbia University and NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies. Her research explores
the intersection of climate change, renewables, energy efficiency and economics. Ms. Menon has a PhD in atmospheric science,
and an MBA. She has published over forty times in peer-reviewed journals, and was a co-author of the 2007 IPPC report that
won the Nobel Peace Prize. She also started an environmental NGO in India.
- William Sisson: Director of Sustainability, United Technologies Research Centre -- William Sisson is presently UTC's executive on point for
the broad market transformation activities at the US Department of Energy's Innovation Hub on energy efficiency in buildings
in Philadelphia, with a professional focus on policy, markets and behaviour. In addition to supporting UTC's strategic and
advocacy efforts on sustainable buildings and urban infrastructure, William continues to serve as Chair for the World Business
Council for Sustainable Development's Energy Efficiency in Buildings Projects. Prior, he led Carrier R&D Programmes, at UTC's
central corporate research centre, where he was responsible for Carrier's longer range innovation portfolio, with technical
emphasis on energy and environment.
- GBPN Executive Committee: The GBPN Executive Committee provides coordinated oversight of cross-network strategies, policies, and operations. It is comprised
of GBPN Directors and Regional Hub Directors: * Claire Brulé, Operations and Finance Director * Jayson Antonoff, Regional
Director U.S. & Institute for Market Transformation * Jens Laustsen, Technical Director * Kevin Mo, Program (Interim) & Buildings
& Appliances Programme Officer at the China Sustainable Energy Program * Oliver Rapf, Regional Director EU & Buildings Performance
Institute Europe Executive Director * Peter Graham, Executive Director * Smita Chandiwala, India Program (Interim) & Buildings
Programme Officer at Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation
- GBPN Strategic Advisory Group: The GBPN Strategic Advisory Group provides strategic guidance to the GBPN and its Board. It has been established to advise
on potential policy and research and to build bridges with stakeholders globally to enable effective networking. Therefore,
members of this group include top experts and leaders with a deep understanding of the context in the regions where the GBPN
Network is active, as well as building energy standards and policies.
- Adam Hinge: Managing Director, Sustainable Energy Partnerships
- Claus Bugge Gran: Vice President, Group Public Affairs Rockwool International
- Constant Van Aerschot: Special Advisor (Singapore), World Business Council for Sustainable Development
- Curt Garrigan: Coordinator, United Nations Environment Programme - Sustainable Buildings and Climate Initiative (UNEP SBCI)
- Jennifer Layke: Director, Institute for Building Efficiency
- Stefan Thomas: Director of the Research Group Energy, Transport and Climate Policy, Wuppertal Institute
- Yamina Saheb: Senior Policy Analyst, International Energy Agency