Name:FedEx Institute of Technology
- University of Memphis
- FedEx Institute Staff
- Kevin P. Boggs: Assistant Vice President of Tech Transfer
- Cathy W Carrigan: Communications Coordinator
- Lisa Threadgill: Administrative Assistant
- Tammy Alexander: Sr. Tech Transfer Associate
- FedEx Institute Corporate Advisory Board: The FedEx Institute Corporate Advisory Board is made up of ten business leaders who assist the Institute in realizing its
potential and maximizing its impact on the local community.
- Robert J. Bean: President and CEO, Transnetyx and Harmonyx Diagnostics. He is an ordained minister and received his Bachelor of Music Education
from the University of South Carolina and Master of Music from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary.
- Jan Bouten: Partner, Innova. He has been founder and executive of two startups and has 10+ years of high tech industry experience in engineering,
marketing and sales, and 7 years at a seed and early-stage VC.
- Ben Bryant: FedEx Institute Executive-In-Residence. He served as president of Cook Systems International, president of BCB Investment
Group and chairman and CEO of SCB Computer Technology, Inc. He was a founder of Seltmann, Cobb & Bryant Management Consultants.
Mr. Bryant received BBA and MS degrees from the University of Memphis.
- Rob Carter: Executive Vice President and CIO, FedEx Corporation. Mr. Carter joined FedEx in 1993 and is responsible for the corporation's
key applications and technology infrastructure as well as Customer Service, Billing and Revenue Operations.
- Jim Fitzhenry: Vice President Research & Development, Buckman International. He joined Buckman in 1988 as a district representative in western
Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island. In 2004, he became the Director of Technical Services, and in January 2006, was
appointed to his current position.
- Edgar Hershberger: Vice President, Information Technology, Medtronic Spine and Biologics Division. He is responsible for global sector IT functions.
He holds a BA in Business Management Science from California State University Fullerton and an MBA from Christian Brothers
- Doug Reiselt: Vice President and Chief Information Officer, Baptist Memorial Health Care. He is responsible for all areas of information
technology for the Baptist organization. Mr. Reiselt holds a BS in Computer Science and an MBA from Mississippi State University.
- Gwin Scott: Past President, EmergeMemphis. Mr. Scott's background is in sales and marketing and strategic development within the media,
high-tech and international sectors.
- Laura Whitsitt: Senior Vice President Global Research and Innovation, Smith & Nephew. She has been with the company since 1987 serving in
various roles in research and development. She is currently in the Orthopaedic Reconstruction Division.
- Bob Wenker: Vice President and Chief Information Office, International Paper. He is responsible for global information technology solutions
and services including information security, telecommunications, data center operations, systems support and development.