Today, in an increasingly interdependent, unstable and complex world: * policy-makers continue not to be supported by tools
to anticipate emerging problems and the impact of possible solutions, * citizens are becoming more physically participant
and vocal in monitoring and influencing policy decisions. The new challenge is to offer possible solutions to the above points.
Opportunities: Emerge ICT tools for governance and policy modeling through the dramatic and combined growth of data availability,
analysis and simulation tools, accounting for diversity of human behavior. However, research and deployment are fragmented
between academic fields, policy domains, geographical areas, technological layers and type of stakeholders.
CROSSOVER will pursue [its mission] through a combination of content production, ad hoc and well-designed online and offline
animation, as well as strong links with existing communities outside CROSSOVER and the realm of eGovernment.
This project is co-funded by the EC under the FP7 Programme.
- FP7 Programme
- CROSSOVER Project Consortium: The composition of the consortium is designed to best meet the objectives of deepening and enlarging the community towards
different kind of stakeholders. The six consortium partners come from five (5) different EU member countries (Greece, Italy,
France, Spain and UK) as well as from the USA.
- Athens Technology Center: Athens Technology Center (GR) – Coordinator. An IT solutions and services provider (SME) targeting specific sectors incl.
the Media, Banking and Retail Sectors, Utilities and Public Sector Organisations. ATC also has an extensive experience in
the coordination of large-scale EU and National projects. http://www.atc.gr/
- Tech4I2 Limited: Tech4I2 Limited (UK) - Provides research based evidence and practical support for public and private sector organisations
in the successful utilisation of technology for policymaking, service delivery, performance monitoring and benchmarking. http://www.tech4i2.com/
- Joint Research Centre (JRC): European Commission - Joint Research Centre (JRC) – Institute for Prospective Technological Studies (IPTS) - One of the seven
scientific institutes of the European Commission’s Joint Research Centre. Since 1994, IPTS promotes and enables a better understanding
of the links between technology, economy and society. Its mission is to provide customer-driven support to the EU policy-making
process by developing science-based responses to policy challenges that have both a socio-economic as well as a scientific/
technological dimension. http://ipts.jrc.ec.europa.eu/
- GEIE ERCIM: GEIE ERCIM (FR) - An international community where Member organizations, a full-time staff, and the public work together to
develop Web standards. Led by Web inventor Tim Berners-Lee and CEO Jeffrey Jaffe, W3C's mission is to lead the Web to its
full potential.The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) is an international community where Member organizations, a full-time staff,
and the public work together to develop Web standards. Led by Web inventor Tim Berners-Lee and CEO Jeffrey Jaffe, W3C's mission
is to lead the Web to its full potential. http://www.w3.org/
- UNIVERSITA’ DEGLI STUDI DI ROMA “SAPIENZA”: UNIVERSITA’ DEGLI STUDI DI ROMA “SAPIENZA” (IT) - A centre of excellence in IT technology and applications of the “Sapienza”
University of Rome. Founded back in the 1989, as a research organization, CATTID has gained in the last ten years considerable
experience in modeling and simulation, applied both to public and private contexts. Among CATTID activities, an excellent
standing has been reached according to the state-of the art on Internet of Things, multimedia and eLearning technologies,
usability and accessibility. http://cattid.uniroma1.it/
- MILLENIUM INSTITUTE: MILLENIUM INSTITUTE (US) - A non-profit development research and service organization with great expertise in simulation modeling
techniques complements the vast field experience in applying these techniques to real world issues such as poverty reduction,
economic growth, climate change, etc. at the national, regional, and global levels. http://millennium-institute.org/