Name:Center for College Affordability and Productivity
Founded in 2006, The Center for College Affordability and Productivity (CCAP) is dedicated to researching the rising costs
and stagnant efficiency in higher education, with special emphasis on the United States. CCAP seeks to facilitate a broader
dialogue on the issues and problems facing the institutions of higher education with the public, policy makers, and the higher
- Institutions of Higher Education in the United States
- Colleges in the United States
- The Public
- Policy Makers
- Higher Education Community
- Richard Vedder, Ph.D.: Director -- Richard K. Vedder studies higher education financing, labor economics, immigration, government fiscal policy and
income inequality. A distinguished professor of economics at Ohio University, he is the author of several books, including
Going Broke by Degree, and The Wal-Mart Revolution: How Big Box Stores Benefit Consumers, Workers, and the Economy (with Wendell
Cox). Dr. Vedder earned his Ph.D. in Economics from the University of Illinois.
- Joshua Hall, Ph.D.: Associate Director -- Joshua C. Hall is an assistant professor in the Department of Economics at Beloit College in Beloit,
Wisconsin. He earned his bachelor and master degrees from Ohio University and his Ph.D. from West Virginia University. Formerly
an economist for the Joint Economic Committee of the U.S. Congress, he is a co-author of the widely-cited Economic Freedom
of the World reports. In addition, he is author of over 40 articles in journals such as the Atlantic Economic Journal, Cato
Journal, Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, Journal of Economic Education, Journal of Labor Research, Southern
- David Ridpath, Ed.D.: Faculty Fellow -- David Ridpath is an assistant professor of sports administration at Ohio University and the past president
of the Drake Group. Dr. Ridpath is an expert on issues involving intercollegiate athletics and is the author of the new book,
Tainted Glory: Marshall University, the NCAA, and One Man’s Fight for Justice. He is regularly quoted in the popular press,
including The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, USA Today, The Chronicle of Higher Education and ESPN’s “Outside the
- Vance Fried, J.D.: Faculty Fellow -- Vance Fried is Riata Professor of Entrepreneurship at Oklahoma State University. He has published extensively
on the venture capital industry and management of firms financed by venture capital. Prior to joining the faculty at Oklahoma
State, Fried was an attorney in private practice. He received a J.D. from the University of Michigan.
- Ronald L. Trowbridge, Ph.D: Senior Fellow -- Ronald L. Trowbridge has a Ph. D in English from the University of Michigan. He ran the Fulbright Program
for the U. S. government, was a tenured full professor, a vice president at Hillsdale College, and editor of the Michigan
Academician. He wrote a book on Chief Justice Warren Burger, for whom he was chief of staff.
- Daniel Bennett: Research Associate -- Daniel Bennett is a Research Fellow with CCAP. He is also an economics doctoral student at Florida State
University and holds a master’s degree in applied economics from Ohio University.
- Jonathan Robe: Research and Administrative Associate -- Jonathan Robe has been a research associate at CCAP since August 2010 and was previously
a student research assistant at CCAP. He has co-authored studies for CCAP ranging in topic from college rankings to the status
of higher education in the state of Georgia.
- Christopher Denhart: Chief Student Research Assistant -- Christopher Denhart has been a Research Assistant at CCAP since August 2008. He is a sophomore
at Ohio University studying Mathematics and Economics. He also has a strong interest in the Arts and is a member of the Singing
Men of Ohio, the men’s choir at Ohio University.
- Daniel Garrett: Student Research Assistant -- Daniel Garrett is a freshman studying Finance and Accounting at Ohio University. He is a member
of the Honors Tutorial College and has an interest in business economics.
- Daniel Borzelleca: Student Research Assistant -- Daniel Borzelleca is a junior studying accounting at the Honors Tutorial College of Ohio University.
He grew up in Pittsburgh, PA and is a fan of the three Pittsburgh professional sports teams. He hopes to pursue a career as
- Michael Koslen: Student Research Assistant -- Michael Koslen has been a student research assistant at CCAP since August 2010. He is a Junior
at Ohio University working to obtain Majors in Economics, Political Science, and a Certificate in Jewish Studies.