STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
Name:Association of Registrars of the Universities and Colleges of Canada
The Association of Registrars of the Universities of Canada was created in 1964 in response to the professional needs of student
administrative services personnel in universities. In 1974 the Association's name was changed to the Association of Registrars
of the Universities and Colleges of Canada to reflect the increasing role of the colleges in this professional field and in
the activities of the Association.
- Universities in Canada: In 2000, ARUCC had approximately 170 member institutions from all regions of Canada. Personnel representing the universities,
community colleges and cegeps include registrars, admission directors, student records managers, student services managers
and other personnel in the areas of student advisement and counselling, student financial aid and student placement.
- Community Colleges in Canada
- Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada: ARUCC is an Associate Member of the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (AUCC) and of the Canadian Council
for the Advancement of Education (CASE).
- Canadian Council for the Advancement of Education
- American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers: ARUCC is a regional association of the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and ADmissions Officers (AACRAO).